It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
How are restriction enzyme sites (or subsequences) selected? 

Post How are restriction enzyme sites (or subsequences) selected?
I would like to perform a search using "selected enzymes" or "selected subsequences". The instructions for MacVector indicate that specific sites can be chosen from within data file.

I can find files for restriction enzymes for a number of companies but I cannot open them and select individual enzymes. Help!

Use MacVector to open the data file and select the desired sites.

There are two main ways to open a restriction enzyme file or subsequence file. The first method is to open the Restriction Enzymes (or Subsequences) subfolder within your MacVector installation folder and then double-click on the desired data file. MacVector will launch and then the selected file will open.

The second method is to open MacVector first and then open the desired file. This is done in MacVector by selecting File > Open, navigating to the Restriction Enzymes folder, and finally choosing the file that you wish to open.

After opening the desired file in MacVector, a screen will appear which displays the sites in that file. To select a restriction enzyme site, click on the restriction enzyme site name or the space preceding the name. A check mark will appear in front of the site to indicate that it has been selected. Use the same procedure to select specific sites within a subsequence file. This procedure is also described in chapter 4 of the MacVector 7.1 User Guide in the section on Subsequence Files (pages 4-15 through 4-21).

Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]