It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
MacVector and Yosemite 

Post MacVector and Yosemite
MacVector and Yosemite
OS X Yosemite was released today. As you no doubt already know Yosemite has a new flat look. The system font has changed to Helvetica as well. All in all after a few hours of using it we think the interface looks superb.

As usual we've been testing MacVector on developer editions of Yosemite since it was announced in June earlier this year.

We never found any issues, however, the final release is always the most important one to test!

Today we've been testing both MacVector 13.0.7 (the current release) and also MacVector 13.5 (which is very close to being released).

So far we've not found any significant bugs at all. There are a few minor colour issues with tabs in document windows in MacVector 13.0.7. We've already redesigned these for MacVector 13.5 and they look great.

Incidentally there's a clue to a new feature for Align to Reference in the screenshot below.... (hint: think circular reference sequences!).

Screenshot 17 10 2014 16 49

--Posted from our blog
http://macvector.com/blog/2014/10/macvector-and-yosemite/

Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:58 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: MacVector and Yosemite (how about MacVector 11.0.1?)
I think the modified title says it all. Will MacVector 11.0.1 work on a Mac running Yosemite. I started it up, and opened some files, and it seemed to work. Has anyone else given it some more extensive testing. 11.0.1 works fine under Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Post Re: MacVector and Yosemite
Hi DFritzin,

thanks for your post. Up to now nobody has given MV 11.0 extensive testing on Yosemite. When MacVector 11.0 was released the current version of OS X was Snow Leopard, and there have been a massive amount of changes to OS X between Snow Leopard and Yosemite.

That being said I've just run through our quick suite of tests and nothing seems to be broken. That suite of tests checks that functionality works and does not methodically check results are still correct.

However, I cannot say that everything will work. It is inevitable that, at best there will be graphical glitches in dialogues and interfaces and at worst some functions may not work at all (although I cannot find any).

Cheers
Chris

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]